Follow CBSPHILLY Facebook  | Twitter

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Chaos ends with more than two dozen arrests on the streets of Center City after some immigration policy protesters clashed with police.

READ MORE: Hundreds Gather In Haddonfield For First Major Rollout Of Fourth Of July Fireworks Since Pandemic

Protesters have been outside the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement office on 8th and Cherry Streets in Center City nonstop since Monday afternoon.

Feds Seize More Than $1 Million Worth Of Fake Super Bowl Rings, Including Eagles

“I think this is a really unique time, one in which actual radical necessary immigration reform that has been delayed for far too long is actually within the overturning window of public opinion,” said protest organizer Anlin Wang.

The message that ICE needs to be abolished and that Philadelphia needs to do more to be a true sanctuary city was being made and received peacefully, until hour 16.

READ MORE: Wheeler, Hoskins, Realmuto Lift Phillies Over Cardinals 4-0

Coffee May Boost Chances For A Longer Life, Study Shows

That’s when Philadelphia police and Homeland Security officers began telling protesters they could no longer block ICE’s garage doors.

Protesters wouldn’t budge and began locking arms in front of the doors to continue the effort of stopping any agency vehicles from transporting undocumented immigrants.

After three warnings, police began making arrests, and as one was being made a chaotic clash with police happened. CBS3 video captured police and some activists clashing during the arrests.

Police: Dog Dies After Left Outside During Extreme Heat Last Weekend

MORE NEWS: Woman Had Several Valuable Items Stolen While Helping Stranger In West Deptford, Police Say

Police say there were around 75 protesters blocking the entrance to the ICE building, while refusing to allow anyone to enter or leave. Police say after several warnings, 29 arrests were made. They were issued failure to disperse citations and quickly released. Two people sustained minor scrapes and bruises during the arrests, as one was taken to the hospital.