CAMDEN, N.J. (CBS) – Court proceedings began Thursday for some of the suspects involved in the deadly shooting of a 10-year-old boy at a Pleasantville High School football game. Micah Tennant succumbed to his injuries on Wednesday following last Friday’s shooting.

(credit: CBS3)

Several of the six suspects had detention hearings.

Vance Golden, 26, was the first to appear in court. He’s accused of being part of the group that went to the football game and alerted alleged shooter Alvin Wyatt, 31, that his local rival was in the stands.

Credit: Atlantic City Prosecutor’s Office

Court documents state Shahid Dixon was on FaceTime with Wyatt and told him where to locate 27-year-old Ibn Abdullah, who police say was the intended target of the shooting. Abdullah, Micah and a 15-year-old boy were all shot.

The shooting happened just before 8:30 p.m. Friday during a playoff football game at Pleasantville High School against Camden. The game was in the third quarter when shots rang out, sending players and spectators running for cover.

After the shooting, authorities say Golden, Dixon, Michael Mack and Tyrell Dorn led police on a car chase into Atlantic City, allegedly throwing a handgun out the window.

They face several weapons charges.

Wyatt had his charges upgraded to murder Wednesday after Micah died at Cooper University Hospital. The boy was in a coma for several days before he passed.

Wyatt was arrested as he tried to run away from the football field. An off-duty police officer took him down on the field.

Abdullah also faces weapons charges. He remains in the hospital recovering from his injuries.

In court, Assistant Atlantic County Prosecutor Seth Levy talked about the defendants who are not accused of pulling the trigger as having a blatant disregard for life by all the suspects who allegedly orchestrated a hit at a high school football game.

“I think it’s fairly obvious when someone brings a gun to a public forum, not just any public forum but a high school football game with the types of people and crowds, there’s a wonted disregard for public safety inherent in that action,” Levy said.

As a result of the hearing, both Golden and Dixon will remain in jail. Three of the other defendants had their cases postponed and rescheduled for next Wednesday.

CBS3’s Trang Do and Cleve Bryan contributed to this report.