PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia originally planned to close 21 city pools over the weekend to begin the process of staggered closings as summer winds down. Due to the excessive heat, the city is changing course.
Over the weekend, only eight pools will now be closing.READ MORE: Pennsylvania US Senate Race Between Republicans Mehmet Oz, Dave McCormick Too Close To CallJohn Fetterman Wins Democratic Pennsylvania Primary For Senate, AP Projects
The pools that will still close are due to a lack of lifeguards. All pools will be open except the following:
• Northern Liberties – 321 Fairmount Avenue, 19123
• Lederer – 1202 E Montgomery Avenue, 19125
• Cruz – 1400 N 5th Street, 19122
• Penrose – 1101 W Susquehanna Ave, 19122 (*This location currently has mechanical issues and will close on 8/12.)
• Schmidt – 113 W Ontario Street, 19140
• Scanlon – 1099 E Tioga Street, 19134
• Morris Estate – 1610 E Chelten Avenue, 19126
• 39th and Olive – 39th and Olive Streets, 19104
An updated pool closure schedule will be posted on Philadelphia’s Parks and Recreation website.