PAUPACK TOWNSHIP, Pa. (CBS) – Police say a New York man has been arrested in connection to the one-car crash that killed three teens in the Poconos on August 30th.
Fifty-three-year-old Michael J. Ware, of Scarsdale, was arrested for the accident, which killed 15-year-old Ryan Lesher and 15-year-old Shamus Digney and Cullen Keffer. Three others in the car were injured as a result of the crash.
Officials say Ware allowed a juvenile to drive his car on the day of the crash without a valid driver’s license or permit. An investigation revealed that Ware had also allowed the juvenile to drive the vehicle on previous occasions.
Initially, Ware denied he’d given the juvenile permission to use the car.
Ware is now facing charges of two (2) counts of Endangering Welfare of Children (F3), three (3) counts of Involuntary Manslaughter (M1), six (6) counts of Recklessly Endangering Another Person (M2), one (1) count of False Reports (S), and one (1) count of Permitting Unauthorized Person To Drive (S).
The three teens killed were all students at Council Rock High School South.
This was a horrific tragedy and unfortunately one that could have so easily been prevented. The law must be followed in order to prevent such a tragedy in the future,” said District Attorney Janine Edwards.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- 8 People Shot During Graduation Party In Southwest Philadelphia, Police Say
- ‘People Don’t Come Out That Much No More’: Another Disturbing Weekend In Philadelphia Filled With Gun Violence
- Philadelphia Weather: Unsettled Weather Patterns With Daily Risk For Severe Storms Lay Ahead For Upcoming Work Week
- A Philadelphian’s Guide To Swimming Season: When Philly Pools Open This Week
- ‘This Is Therapy For Me’: Philadelphia Father’s Day 5K Run, Walk Helping Spread Awareness About Deadly Illness