PAUPACK TOWNSHIP, Pa. (CBS) – Police say a New York man has been arrested in connection to the one-car crash that killed three teens in the Poconos on August 30th.
Fifty-three-year-old Michael J. Ware, of Scarsdale, was arrested for the accident, which killed 15-year-old Ryan Lesher and 15-year-old Shamus Digney and Cullen Keffer. Three others in the car were injured as a result of the crash.
Officials say Ware allowed a juvenile to drive his car on the day of the crash without a valid driver’s license or permit. An investigation revealed that Ware had also allowed the juvenile to drive the vehicle on previous occasions.
Initially, Ware denied he’d given the juvenile permission to use the car.
Ware is now facing charges of two (2) counts of Endangering Welfare of Children (F3), three (3) counts of Involuntary Manslaughter (M1), six (6) counts of Recklessly Endangering Another Person (M2), one (1) count of False Reports (S), and one (1) count of Permitting Unauthorized Person To Drive (S).
The three teens killed were all students at Council Rock High School South.
This was a horrific tragedy and unfortunately one that could have so easily been prevented. The law must be followed in order to prevent such a tragedy in the future,” said District Attorney Janine Edwards.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Police: 2 Suspects Arrested For Murder Of 23-Year-Old Man Inside Frankford Store
- Uber Rolls Out Feature Urging Riders To ‘Check Your Ride’ In Wake Of Samantha Josephson’s Murder
- Tractor-Trailer Veers Off Roadway, Overturns On I-78 In Lehigh County
- New Jersey Woman Facing Animal Cruelty Charges After 20 Dogs Found In Inhumane Conditions, Police Say
- 76-Year-Old Man Charged In Wife’s Cold Case Murder Nearly 40 Years After Her Disappearance