3 Local High School Students Killed In Crash In Poconos
By Dan Wing and Justin Udo
PAUPACK TWP., Pa. (CBS) – Three sophomores at Council Rock High School South died over the weekend following an SUV crash in the Poconos.
Police say the SUV carrying six juveniles crashed in Paupack Township, Wayne County Saturday morning, resulting the deaths of the three Bucks County students.
Authorities have identified the victims as 15-year-old Ryan Lesher and 15-year-old Shamus Digney and Cullen Keffer. The extent of the injuries of the other three involved in the crash are unknown at this time.
Council Rock High School South released a statement Sunday asking for prayers for the victims.
The school will be open beginning Monday afternoon for counseling. The new school year starts on Tuesday.
Authorities continue to investigate the cause of the accident.
- SEPTA Papal Passes Set To Go On Sale Via Online Lottery
- ‘Dark Money’ Disclosure Rules Now The Law In Philadelphia
- Dozens Of Child Support Offenders Arrested In Burlington County
- Philly U. Students Create School Products Designed To Help Their Peers
- Area Doctors Using New Procedure To Treat Rotator Cuff Tears