By Matt Rivers, Dan Wing

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Philadelphia Police say a 22-year old Point Breeze man is being charged with murder for a shooting in Grays Ferry Friday night that left a 3-year old girl dead.

In addition to murder, police charged Douglas Woods with 3 counts of Attempted Murder, Aggravated Assault, Violation of Uniform Firearms Act and related offenses.

The shooting took place at about 9:40 p.m. on August 1st in the 1500 block of South Etting Street in the city’s Grays Ferry section.

A 24-year-old was struck in the head and remains in critical condition.  A 21-year-old man was struck in the leg and will be fine. A 28-year-old woman was struck in the arm and is recovering.

But the shooting’s victim, three-year-old Tynirah Borum, was hit in the chest and died shortly after 10 p.m. Friday at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.

The young girl was described by family and friends as a delight—a young kid with a bright smile and willing affection.

“She was a beautiful little girl, just full of life, knew everybody around the neighborhood, run up to somebody she doesn’t even know and give them a big hug,” said her mother, Tamika Borum.

Borum had brought her daughter to her friend’s house shortly after 9 p.m. to get her hair braided.  The 28-year-old victim and Tynirah were sitting on a porch when the shooting started.  Tamika says she heard the shots:

“I ran around the corner and there was blood everywhere. It was very devastating, that was my only child.”

Police took Woods into custody shortly after the incident as a person of interest. Even though Woods is being charged with murder, Police say they are still searching for a second suspect in connection with the shooting.

On Saturday, the Grays Ferry Community rallied to end violence and a vigil was held for the young victim Saturday night.

This is the fourth child to be killed in Philadelphia in the last week, after three children were killed in a fatal hit-and-run last Friday.

Must Read Today’s Top Stories:

Watch & Listen LIVE