Community Mourns After 3-Year-Old Shot, Killed In Gray’s Ferry
By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Gray’s Ferry community is calling for an end to violence after a three-year-old girl was shot and killed in the neighborhood Friday night.
On Saturday, teddy bears and candles marked the spot where Tynirah Borum was gunned down the night before. She was the victim of a stray bullet, fired during an argument between two men on Etting Street, near Tasker Avenue.
One of the men was critically wounded while two other bystanders suffered graze wounds.
“They are killing kids daily,” this community member said. “It’s sad and senseless and its got to stop.”
State Representative Jordan Harris walked with about two dozen people from the community to the makeshift memorial as they called for a stop to the violence:
“Today it was somebody else’s child, tomorrow it can be yours, tomorrow it can be you,” he said.
Homicide detectives arrested and charged the suspect on Saturday.
- Police Say They Might Have Spotted Ambush Suspect
- Porn Email Scandal Leads To Suspension Of Pa. Justice
- Firefighters Battle 2-Alarm Blaze At Nursing Home In Doylestown
- Retired Philadelphia Police Officer Murdered In Virginia
- 2 Big Name Stores Breathing New Life Into Center City’s Retail Landscape
- EXCLUSIVE: Mother Pleads For Help In Finding Daughter’s Stolen Custom-Made Wheelchair
- Boil Water Advisory Issued For Part Of Northampton Township
- Showers Return To The Forecast; Cloud Threat Impacts Chance To View Meteor Shower
- Police Investigate Double Shooting In Trenton
- Leagues File To Stop New Jersey Sports Betting