Community Mourns After 3-Year-Old Shot, Killed In Gray’s Ferry
By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Gray’s Ferry community is calling for an end to violence after a three-year-old girl was shot and killed in the neighborhood Friday night.
On Saturday, teddy bears and candles marked the spot where Tynirah Borum was gunned down the night before. She was the victim of a stray bullet, fired during an argument between two men on Etting Street, near Tasker Avenue.
One of the men was critically wounded while two other bystanders suffered graze wounds.
“They are killing kids daily,” this community member said. “It’s sad and senseless and its got to stop.”
State Representative Jordan Harris walked with about two dozen people from the community to the makeshift memorial as they called for a stop to the violence:
“Today it was somebody else’s child, tomorrow it can be yours, tomorrow it can be you,” he said.
Homicide detectives arrested and charged the suspect on Saturday.
- Teen Girl Shot In Wissinoming
- Advocates Warn Local Immigrants To Beware Of Notario Fraud
- Jay Lloyd’s Getaway: Fallingwater
- What’s Cooking on 1060: Bacon Fest, Gourmet Mexican, and Hunger Awareness
- I-Team Exclusive: Doorman Accused Of Stalking, Stealing
- State Police: 2 Troopers In Frein Search Injured
- Officials: Fire That Killed Cooper Health CEO And His Wife Was Intentionally Set
- Typical October Weather For Now…
- Facebook Apologizes To Drag Queens For Name Policy
- Person Struck By Train In Delaware County