Police: 3-Year-Old Girl Killed, 3 Adults Injured In Grays Ferry Shooting
By Dan Wing
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia Police say a stray bullet has claimed the life of a three-year-old girl when gunfire erupted in Grays Ferry Friday night.
Three other people were also shot.
Authorities say it was just after 9:30 p.m. when two men were arguing on the 1500 block of South Etting Street.
Police Captain Michael Gormley says as one of those men turned to walk away, the other pulled out a gun and fired three shots.
“One of the shots struck the male in the head. There were also two bystanders in the area that were struck with graze wounds in the arm. Additionally, there was a three-year-old girl sitting on the porch that was struck with a round,” Gormley said.
That little girl died a short time later at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, while the man that was shot in the head was listed in extremely critical condition. Gormley says the shooter left the scene on a bike, but added that police do have a person of interest in custody.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Investigation Continues Into Center City Attack On Same-Sex Couple
- Bill To Change Name Of Department Of Public Welfare Sent To Gov. Corbett
- Dog Missing From Philadelphia Area Found In Oregon
- Manhunt In Trooper Ambush Case Closes Some Schools On Thursday
- Caught On Tape: Suspect Allegedly Uses Banana In Store Robbery