Police: 3-Year-Old Girl Killed, 3 Adults Injured In Grays Ferry Shooting
By Dan Wing
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia Police say a stray bullet has claimed the life of a three-year-old girl when gunfire erupted in Grays Ferry Friday night.
Three other people were also shot.
Authorities say it was just after 9:30 p.m. when two men were arguing on the 1500 block of South Etting Street.
Police Captain Michael Gormley says as one of those men turned to walk away, the other pulled out a gun and fired three shots.
“One of the shots struck the male in the head. There were also two bystanders in the area that were struck with graze wounds in the arm. Additionally, there was a three-year-old girl sitting on the porch that was struck with a round,” Gormley said.
That little girl died a short time later at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, while the man that was shot in the head was listed in extremely critical condition. Gormley says the shooter left the scene on a bike, but added that police do have a person of interest in custody.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Local Congressman Says U.S. Should Consider Severe Sanctions In Response To Sony Pictures Hacking
- Charismatic Conductor Returns To Lead Philadelphia Orchestra Performing Holiday Music
- Cherry Hill Police Investigating Multiple Pick Pocket Cases
- Philadelphia Teaming Up With Social Network To Connect With Residents
- Philadelphia DA’s Office Dismisses Claims Against Plaintiffs Who Sued To Take Down City Program