Police: 3-Year-Old Girl Killed, 3 Adults Injured In Grays Ferry Shooting
By Dan Wing
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia Police say a stray bullet has claimed the life of a three-year-old girl when gunfire erupted in Grays Ferry Friday night.
Three other people were also shot.
Authorities say it was just after 9:30 p.m. when two men were arguing on the 1500 block of South Etting Street.
Police Captain Michael Gormley says as one of those men turned to walk away, the other pulled out a gun and fired three shots.
“One of the shots struck the male in the head. There were also two bystanders in the area that were struck with graze wounds in the arm. Additionally, there was a three-year-old girl sitting on the porch that was struck with a round,” Gormley said.
That little girl died a short time later at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, while the man that was shot in the head was listed in extremely critical condition. Gormley says the shooter left the scene on a bike, but added that police do have a person of interest in custody.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Rowan Family Gives Additional $15 Million To Its Namesake University
- Del. Senator Travels To Liberia To See American Response To Ebola Outbreak
- VA Hospital In Philadelphia To Be Renamed In Honor Of Vietnam War Veteran
- Nutter Speaks Out On Christie Rooting For Dallas Cowboys
- Pa. Agency Ruling Could Mean Home-Delivered Beer