By CBS3 Staff

ABINGTON, Pa. (CBS) — A man is in the hospital after Abington fire officials say a possible oven fire spread to the rest of a home. The fire happened in the 300 block of Heathcliffe Road.

According to Abington Fire Chief John Rorher, the department got the call around 12:56 p.m. Saturday. Fire crews arrived and found smoke and flames in the rear of the home.

READ MORE: Decomposed Body Found In Trash Bag On Train Tracks In Kensington, Philadelphia Police Say

Firefighters searched the home and found an adult male inside. Chief Rorher did not provide an update on his condition.

READ MORE: Heated Debate Over Who & What Should Be Allowed On Delaware River Splashes Into Public View

The split level home suffered significant damage.

Chief Rorher said they are still investigating how the fire spread but added the original call was for an oven fire.

MORE NEWS: 35-Year-Old Man Charged In March 2021 Murder Of 19-Year-Old Bridgeton Mother, Police Say

CBS3’s Jasmine Payoute contributed to this report.