PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — In April, Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf unveiled a color-coded plan for the state to reopen amid the coronavirus pandemic. In this plan he broke it down by placing each county into a phase: red, yellow and green.'This Should Not Be Happening': Man Killed, 5 Others Injured In Drive-By Shooting In Philadelphia’s Olney Neighborhood
Tonight, I’m announcing our plan to slowly reopen Pennsylvania.
We will use a measured, scientific approach. We will not just be flipping a switch to go from closed to open.
And, ultimately, #COVID19 will set the timeline.
There will be three phases: red, yellow, and green. pic.twitter.com/NahiYrKovo
— Governor Tom Wolf (@GovernorTomWolf) April 22, 2020READ MORE: Parents Sound Off At Glassboro School District Officials Over Bus Driver Shortage
So what does each phase mean for residents?
- Only life-sustaining businesses may be open
- Stay-at-home orders are in effect. Large gatherings are prohibited, and only “life-sustaining” travel is encouraged
- Restaurants and bars are limited to carry-out or delivery only
- Schools are closed for in-person instruction
- Most child care is closed
- Telework is encouraged to continue where possible
- In-person retail is allowed, but curbside pickup or delivery is preferred
- Stay-at-home orders will be lifted, but social distancing and wearing a mask are still recommended
- Large gatherings of more than 25 people are prohibited
- Child care may reopen with guidance in place
- Schools remain closed to in-person instruction
- Indoor recreation and entertainment venues remain closed
Green PhaseMORE NEWS: 2 Suspects In Custody For Deadly Beating Outside Pat's Steaks In South Philadelphia
- Businesses may resume operations, though they must continue to follow the CDC and Pennsylvania Department of Health guidelines
- Hair salons, gyms and other personal care services can open at 50% occupancy. Appointments are strongly encouraged
- All entertainment venues can open at 50% occupancy
For more details on each phase of the state’s reopening plan, click here.