PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation has issued safety tips for those who have to travel through winter weather Sunday and Monday. The tips include:
- Remove ice and snow before traveling in your vehicle
- Never travel next to a plow truck
- Give plows and salt trucks six car lengths
- Do not stop on the road
- Carry a winter emergency kit and cell phone
- Keep your gas tank at least half full
- Beware of roads that may look wet, but are frozen — often referred to as “black ice”
PennDOT says preparation is important to successfully traveling in through winter weather conditions. Be sure your vehicle is ready for ice and snow.
For more safety tips for driving in winter weather, click here.