By CBS3’s Alicia Nieves and KYW Newsradio’s Dan Wing

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A $70,000 reward is being offered to anybody be with information on Monday afternoon’s deadly shooting in North Philadelphia.


“There is a $60,000 reward for anyone with information leading to an arrest and conviction of these individuals,” said Capt. James Clark, commanding officer for the city’s Homicide Unit.

After an early afternoon news conference where the city’s police department put up $60,000 as a reward, the city’s Housing authority put up another $10,000.

“PHA’s thoughts and prayers are with the families that were affected by this act of violence. We are firmly committed to the safety of our residents and the neighborhoods where our developments are located,” said Philadelphia Housing Authority President and CEO Kelvin Jeremiah. “Anything that threatens the safety of our residents or their neighbors cannot be tolerated. PHA is calling on the community to help put these cowards behind bars.”

Officials are hoping the substantial reward aids in finding the two shooters, who’s actions are being called bold, brazen, and wreckless.

“In broad daylight, you had 25 rounds that were fired, that could’ve hit innocent kids. It could hit an innocent person,” added Clark.

Police were called to the area of 11th and Stiles Streets around 3:30 p.m., where they found four men shot, some multiple times.

Three of those victims died from their injuries, while the fourth is hospitalized.

Authorities say the males were standing on the 1100 block of Stiles Street when they were approached by individuals who fired numerous shots at them.

Police: 3 Dead Following North Philadelphia Shooting

Police say the first victim has been identified as 20-year-old Tyair Jabbar, of the 6000 block of Trinity Street.

Police found him suffering from numerous gunshot wounds to his head and body. He was transported to Hahnemann Hospital where he was pronounced dead at 3:48 p.m.

The second victim has been identified by police as 32-year-old Ronald Fenwick, of the 1100 block of Girard Avenue. He was found suffering from gunshot wounds to his head and body.

Police transported him to Temple Hospital where he was pronounced dead at 3:58 p.m.

The third victim has been identified by police as 27-year-old Marcello Robertson, of the 3900 block of North 8th Street.  He was found suffering from a gunshot wound to his chest. Police transported him to Hahnemann Hospital where he was pronounced dead at 11:47 p.m.

The fourth victim, a 26-year-old male, was found suffering from a gunshot wound to his stomach. Police transported him to Hahnemann Hospital where he is listed in stable condition.

Police Commissioner Richard Ross says around 20 shots were fired by the suspects who came to the area in a grey minivan.

Ross wants them caught quickly.

“You cannot have a society where people who mow down four people can continue to walk the streets. And so that’s a message that has to get out very clear.”

On Tuesday police presence was heavy near the site of the shooting, and patrol cars circled the school most of the day.

Police are warning the public it’s in their best interest to help authorities find the two shooters who shot four people, and killed three of them.

“We are always worried about retaliation. We are always worried about them coming back in shooting more individuals in that area,” said Clark. “We really need whatever help we can get to get these individuals off the street.”

Police say the suspects may have fled west of the shooting scene, in a small grey SUV.

Authorities have acquired surveillance video in the area the suspects fled.

Detectives are combing through hours of footage hoping to have a picture of the suspected shooters soon.