PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – On Friday, SEPTA filed an injunction in hopes of getting striking workers back on the job.

Nothing was settled then with another hearing scheduled to take place Monday morning.

READ MORE: After Firing Coach, Flyers Drop 9th Straight, 7-5 to Avalanche

ALSO: City Of Philadelphia Files Motion To Temporarily End SEPTA Strike On Election Day

On Sunday – also day 6 of the strike — Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf issued a statement showing his support for the injunction.

His statement reads…

READ MORE: Joel Embiid Scores 43, 76ers Hold Off Pesky Hornets In OT

“Over the last several weeks, I have had multiple conversations with both SEPTA and TWU and urged them to come together and reach a fair agreement. Hundreds of thousands of Pennsylvania residents rely on SEPTA to travel each day to and from work and school, and to the grocery store and medical appointments among other needs.

“It is clear that both sides have failed to reach an agreement and the work stoppage has crippled the City of Philadelphia’s transportation system. It has become not only an issue that is impacting the ability of the elderly and individuals with disabilities to access care, and students to receive an education, but it is also one that has grave economic consequences for both the city and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The strike is also unfair to the workers who want to return to do the job they were trained to do and to serve the people of Pennsylvania.

“Due to the inability of SEPTA and TWU to reach a compromise, I will file an amicus brief in support of the immediate injunction pending before the court to ensure that the system is fully operational and able to serve the individuals who rely solely on SEPTA for their transportation needs.

“This strike has been devastating for so many individuals and their families and has created extreme hardships for the city and for businesses. The time for it to end is now.”

MORE NEWS: Quadruple Shooting In Brewerytown Sends 4 Males, Including Teen, To Hospital: Police

4,700 members of the Transport Workers Union Local 234 are on strike, which began at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday