MIDDLETOWN, PA (CBS) — 16 , 19 , 32 , 34 , 57 Powerball: 13
If those are your numbers in Saturday’s Powerball drawing, you’re going to be a lot richer!READ MORE: Haddon Township Man, Dog Complete 7-Year, 38-Country Walk Around World
The largest lottery jackpot in U.S. history got even bigger when the Powerball jackpot for the January 9th drawing was increased Saturday morning to a $900 million annuity value or a $558 million cash prize, thanks to strong ticket sales in participating states.
The jackpot initially rolled to $675 million on Wednesday night. On Thursday, brisk ticket sales pushed it to a $700 million annuity value or a $428.4 million cash prize. On Friday, it rose again to an $800 million annuity value or a $496 million cash prize.
This jackpot has been rolling since the November 4, 2015, drawing. Since then, in Pennsylvania alone, Powerball has produced one $2 million winner, two $1 million winners and nearly 1.2 million winners of over $13.6 million in prizes.READ MORE: Sources: Authorities Investigating Whether 2 Police Officers Struck By Stray Bullets On Ben Franklin Parkway
The televised drawing took place at 11 p.m. Saturday in Tallahassee, Florida.
If the jackpot is won by a Pennsylvania player, it would become the state’s 20th multi-state jackpot win. The Pennsylvania Lottery has sold 17 jackpot-winning Powerball tickets and two jackpot-winning Mega Millions tickets.
The largest Powerball prize Pennsylvania has ever awarded was a $110.2 million cash-value jackpot claimed by a New Jersey couple in May, 2004. The state’s largest Powerball group win was a $107.5 million cash jackpot shared by 48 transit workers in the Philadelphia area in April, 2012.
Powerball is sold in 44 states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- $656.0 million, Mega Millions, March 30, 2012 (3 tickets from Kansas, Illinois and Maryland)
- $636 million, Mega Millions Dec 17, 2013, (2 tickets, from California and Georgia)
- $590.5 million, Powerball, May 18, 2013 (1 ticket from Florida)
- $587.5 million, Powerball, Nov. 28, 2012 (2 tickets from Arizona and Missouri)
- $564.1 million, Powerball, Feb 11, 2015 – (3 tickets, from North Carolina, Puerto Rico and Texas)
- $448.4 million, Powerball, Aug 7, 2013, (3 tickets, one from Minnesota and two from New Jersey)
- $425.3 million, Powerball, Feb 19, 2014 – (1 ticket from California)
- $414 million, Mega Millions, March 18, 2014, (2 tickets from Florida and Maryland)
- $399.4 million, Powerball, Sept 18, 2013, (1 ticket from South Carolina)
- $390.0 million, Mega Millions, March 6, 2007 (2 tickets from Georgia and New Jersey)