By Tim Jimenez
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A 19-year-old man is the first homicide victim in Philadelphia this year.
It was around 5:15 in the morning when police responded to North Philip Street, near West Grange Avenue in the Olney section of the city.
Police say the victim was shot in the back of the head inside of a home. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
There have been no arrests.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Children Experience Concussion Symptoms Longer Than Adults, Research Finds
- Sinkhole Exposes Highly Controversial Pipeline In West Whiteland Township
- Betsy Ross Bridge Reopens After Junkyard Fire
- Anonymous Donor Gives $500,000 To Philly Non-Profit To Offer Zero-Interest Loans To Hundreds of Federal Workers
- Homeless Seeking Shelter As Bitter Cold Grips Region