By Tim Jimenez
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Police say a driver hit a valet outside of a restaurant near the King of Prussia mall Christmas Eve. Authorities say the suspect fled and cops didn’t get to her until she crashed into a car in a different township.
Upper Merion Police say it all started a little before 5pm Wednesday at the Seasons 52 restaurant on North Gulph Road.
Investigators say the driver, an unidentified woman, pulled up to the valet stand. A valet walked up to the car and police say the suspect grabbed his phone out of his hand.
Another valet walked in front of the car to see what was happening but then police say the driver hit the gas and hit the valet. The valet hung on to the hood, clinging to the windshield for a short time before being thrown from the car as the driver fled.
The victim was taken to the hospital with head injuries. Police say the woman was seen on 76 Westbound, and cops from different towns tried to stop her. It all ended in Whitpain Township, police say she crashed into a car in a Burger King Parking lot on Swede Road.
The suspect is charged with aggravated assault and other offenses.
- Boxing Champion, Former Glen Mills Student Bernard Hopkins Hopeful School Can Be Salvaged Amid Abuse Allegations
- Temple University Mumps Outbreak Grows To Nearly 100 Cases, Officials Say
- National Weather Service To Test New Jersey’s Tsunami Preparedness Tuesday
- Camden City Council Member Plans To Reintroduce Controversial Bill Limiting Permanent Memorials
- Philadelphia Department Of Health Urging Patients To Get Tested For HIV After Shutting Down Three Dental Practices