PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – If the thought of running a 5K – let alone the likes of the Rocky 50K that recently happened in Philly – scares the sneakers off you, this might be the “race” for you.
The Philly 0.0 is coming to town this February, and there’s no running involved.
“The Philly 0.0 is the best part of every run, the after party! It’s going to be cold outside, not too many runs going on, what better way to bring together runners and non-runners alike to have a good time,” the website proclaims.
That’s right – this is a “race” that’s all about the post-race festivities. All participants have to do is sign up, show up on Feb. 6, and partake in a “ceremonial” simultaneous start and finish at 7:30 p.m.
After that, it’s to the celebrations you go.
The sweat-less event is actually all about the “Instant Gratification” festival happening at Xfinity Live, which includes beer, food and live entertainment.
It also apparently features an awards ceremony, although what those awards might be for isn’t clear.
Either way, you’ll go home with an awesome commemorative t-shirt – which is worth the $35 price tag alone.
And don’t hold us to it, but we’re willing to bet you’ll soon see some “0.0” stickers on cars in the Philly area.
For more information on the Philly 0.0, click here.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Lyrid Meteor Shower Peaks Monday Night Into Tuesday Morning
- Gavin DeGraw Slips, Falls After Singing National Anthem At Hockey Game
- Gorillas Perfect Their Selfie Style In Photo With Park Ranger
- ‘It’s Just Some Innocent Fun’: Philadelphia Celebrates 88th Annual Easter Promenade
- Welder Makes Homemade ‘Game Of Thrones’ Replica Throne