PHILADELPHIA (AP) — John Schoof scored 18 points, Charlie Jones scored 16, and American University beat La Salle 68-66 in overtime on Tuesday night.
Zach Elcano and Pee Wee Gardner each scored 11 for the Eagles (6-4), who led 36-23 at halftime and shot a hot 65.2 percent in the first half to 50 percent for the Explorers.
La Salle gained ground in the second half, outshooting the Eagles 15-11 in the first 13 minutes, then cut the lead to two, 56-54, on a 3-pointer by Jordan Price with 21 seconds to play.
Price scored 26 for La Salle (5-5), including a 3-pointer at the buzzer to tie the game at 59 at the end of regulation.
Jones scored a layup and two free throws in overtime to put the Eagles up 66-61 with 1:14 to play. Jerrell Wright’s layup drew the Explorers within three, 66-63, but Schoof added a free throw to ice the win.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Eagles Safety Malcolm Jenkins Helps Renovate Parents’ Backyard For CBS’ ‘Superstar Renovation’ Show
- The Baseball Report: Matheny’s Out, deGrom’s Agent Sends Mets A Message
- Phillies’ Rhys Hoskins Gave Fans A Show At HR Derby
- Carson Wentz, Maddie Oberg Officially Tie The Knot
- MLB Trade Rumors: Manny Machado Could Reportedly Be Traded To Phillies Come Wednesday