By John McDevitt
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — An overseas flight headed to Philadelphia had to make an emergency in Rome, Italy Saturday morning.
U.S. Airways flight 797 from Tel Aviv, Israel to Philadelphia made an unscheduled landing in Rome after a odor was detected and 13 passengers and crew members became ill.
“Two passengers and the crew were evaluated by medical personnel at the Rome Airport medical facility and have since been released,” said Martha Thomas, a spokesperson for the parent company, American Airlines. “The aircraft is being evaluated by our maintenance crew to determine what may have caused the odor.”
Thomas said the remaining passengers were accommodated on other flights.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- New Zealand Prime Minister Has Baby While In Office Becoming Only Second World Leader To Do So
- Police: 32-Year-Old Woman Killed In Motorcycle Accident
- 14th Annual ‘Philadelphia Escape Triathlon’ Took Over Fairmount Park Sunday
- Argentine Authorities Foil Drug Gang, Seize Drugs In Fake World Cup Trophies
- GoFundMe Campaign Seeks To Help Va. Restaurant That Kicked Out White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders