By Hadas Kuznits
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Reading Terminal Market’s annual train display has been assembled for the holiday season.
“It is a 500 square foot model railroad display,” explains Reading Terminal marketing and event manager Sarah Levitsky.
She says the display has 17 working train lines, running on 1/3 of a mile of track:
“It is interactive. There are a number of different buttons that the kids can push to light things up and move the trains and trolleys.”
And Kids tell KYW Newsradio they were drawn to the display for different reasons:
“Well, they’re fast and they’re also really colorful.”
“Christmas and people having fun.”
“How fast they go!”
The railroad is on display through New Year’s Eve.
- Police Investigating After Shots Fired At Home In Trenton
- Officials: Pedestrian Killed In Lehigh County Hit-And-Run
- Girard Avenue In Fishtown Closed In Both Directions Until Further Notice
- Police: 2 Men In Critical Condition After North Philadelphia Double Shooting
- Police Searching For Suspect Who Shot 16-Year-Old Boy In Gray’s Ferry
- Police: 16-Year-Old Boy In Stable Condition After Being Shot By Mother
- Massive Pumpkins On Display Along Allegheny River In Pittsburgh
- New Jersey Voters To Decide Approval For $500 Million In Bonds For Schools
- Powerball, Mega Millions Jackpots Combine To An Estimated $2.22 Billion
- Officials Investigate Cause Of House Fire In Camden County