By Hadas Kuznits
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Reading Terminal Market’s annual train display has been assembled for the holiday season.
“It is a 500 square foot model railroad display,” explains Reading Terminal marketing and event manager Sarah Levitsky.
She says the display has 17 working train lines, running on 1/3 of a mile of track:
“It is interactive. There are a number of different buttons that the kids can push to light things up and move the trains and trolleys.”
And Kids tell KYW Newsradio they were drawn to the display for different reasons:
“Well, they’re fast and they’re also really colorful.”
“Christmas and people having fun.”
“How fast they go!”
The railroad is on display through New Year’s Eve.
- More Than 600 Children Given Free Eyeglasses Saturday
- Flash Freeze, Wicked Winds Hit The Area As Temps Expected To Drop To Single Digits Monday
- Church Holds Safety Seminar To Teach Public What To Do In An Active Shooter Situation
- Local Politicians React To President Trump’s Proposed Compromise To End Government Shutdown
- Marchers Gather On Benjamin Franklin Parkway For 3rd Annual Women’s March On Philadelphia
- Car Crashes Into Cheltenham Township Laundromat: Officials
- Property Owners Worry New Rental Tax Could Blow New Jersey’s Tourism Industry
- SEPTA, Dunkin’ Partner To Offer Free Rides On Broad Street Line From NRG Station
- Argument Between Roommates Ends with Man Stabbed To Death: Police
- 29-Year-Old Shot, Killed At Club In Kensington, Police Say