By Hadas Kuznits
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Reading Terminal Market’s annual train display has been assembled for the holiday season.
“It is a 500 square foot model railroad display,” explains Reading Terminal marketing and event manager Sarah Levitsky.
She says the display has 17 working train lines, running on 1/3 of a mile of track:
“It is interactive. There are a number of different buttons that the kids can push to light things up and move the trains and trolleys.”
And Kids tell KYW Newsradio they were drawn to the display for different reasons:
“Well, they’re fast and they’re also really colorful.”
“Christmas and people having fun.”
“How fast they go!”
The railroad is on display through New Year’s Eve.
- Wilmington Mayor Apologizes After Clothing Rule Banned Children Wearing Cotton From City Pool
- Officials: 2 People Flown To Hospital After Car Crashes Into Tree In Montgomery County
- Pizza Delivery Driver Fatally Shot In New Jersey
- SHINE Celebrates 1 Year Of Feeding Underprivileged Community Members
- Fans Gather On South Street To Watch World Cup Final And Super Bowl Replay
- GoFundMe Campaign Seeks To Bring ‘Trump Baby’ Balloon To President’s New Jersey Golf Club
- Former Flyers Goalie Ray Emery Tragically Dies At 35
- Homeland Security Chief Says Agency Ready To Prevent Russian Interference In Midterm Elections
- Police: 16-Year-Old Shot, Hides In Kensington Alleyway
- Cashier’s Quick Thinking Credited With Saving Woman From Suspected Kidnappers