By Hadas Kuznits
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Reading Terminal Market’s annual train display has been assembled for the holiday season.
“It is a 500 square foot model railroad display,” explains Reading Terminal marketing and event manager Sarah Levitsky.
She says the display has 17 working train lines, running on 1/3 of a mile of track:
“It is interactive. There are a number of different buttons that the kids can push to light things up and move the trains and trolleys.”
And Kids tell KYW Newsradio they were drawn to the display for different reasons:
“Well, they’re fast and they’re also really colorful.”
“Christmas and people having fun.”
“How fast they go!”
The railroad is on display through New Year’s Eve.
- It’s Official: Joe Biden Announces He’s Running For President
- ‘Kate Smith Is Miss Patriotism’: Wildwood American Legion Creates Petition To Bring Smith Statue To The Shore
- 3 People Steal $450,000 Worth Of Colonoscopes From Lankenau Medical Center, Police Say
- 10-Year-Old Boy In Critical Condition After Being Struck By Van In West Oak Lane, Police Say
- Officials Rule Frankford House Fire Arson After Gas Can Found Inside
- Health Officials Identify First Case Of Blood-Sucking ‘Kissing Bug’ In Delaware
- Even Light Rain Increases Your Risk Of A Deadly Car Crash
- CBS3 Obtains Invitation To Joe Biden’s Philadelphia Fundraiser Ahead Of Presidential Announcement
- Manayunk Restaurant Voluntarily Closes After Being Accused Of Illegally Dumping Waste Into Sewer
- Search On For Mystery Man Who Saved Ridley Park Mom, Son From Burning Boat