By Hadas Kuznits
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Reading Terminal Market’s annual train display has been assembled for the holiday season.
“It is a 500 square foot model railroad display,” explains Reading Terminal marketing and event manager Sarah Levitsky.
She says the display has 17 working train lines, running on 1/3 of a mile of track:
“It is interactive. There are a number of different buttons that the kids can push to light things up and move the trains and trolleys.”
And Kids tell KYW Newsradio they were drawn to the display for different reasons:
“Well, they’re fast and they’re also really colorful.”
“Christmas and people having fun.”
“How fast they go!”
The railroad is on display through New Year’s Eve.
- Police: Former Drexel University Professor Shot Dead On Porch Of Home In West Philadelphia
- Footloose To Loose Footing: Dancing Couple Fall Into Boston Harbor
- Aretha Franklin, Long-Reigning ‘Queen Of Soul,’ Dies Of Pancreatic Cancer At Age Of 76
- Crews Working To Free Worker Trapped In Collapsed Trench In East Oak Lane
- Police Search For Family Of Non-Verbal, Young Boy Found On Upper Darby Street
- Man Who Contracted Flesh-Eating Bacteria While Crabbing Undergoes Double Amputation
- New Jersey Man Admits Leading Online Child Porn Chat Rooms
- Coast To Coast, And In Between, Local News Is Standing Up To President Trump’s Press Attacks
- Fire Damages Home In Monroe Township
- Colorado Husband Charged With Murder In Case Of Missing Pregnant Wife, 2 Young Daughters