EMPORIUM, Pa. (AP) — Police say a Pennsylvania substitute teacher bought pictures of nude female students from one of their classmates.
Forty-one-year-old Jon Serianni was charged Tuesday with child pornography and corruption of minors after investigators searched his phone and found 190 pictures of girls who were nude or in sexually explicit poses.
The Emporium man was a substitute high school teacher in the Cameron County School District when he allegedly overheard some male students discussing the pictures. Serianni then texted one of the boys and offered to pay for some of them. The boy tells police he received less than $300 from Serianni.
Serianni faces a preliminary hearing Jan. 22 at the Cameron County Courthouse. Defense attorney David Shrager says he’s just begun investigating the charges.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Troubling New Anti-Flu Vaccine Poll Has Doctors Worried About Children’s Health
- Bucks County Police Officer Hit By Car While Trying To Arrest Shoplifting Suspect
- Community Holds Vigil After 2-Year-Old Girl Struck, Killed In YMCA Parking Lot
- 3 Victims In Execution-Style Quadruple Homicide Found Without Clothes In Southwest Philadelphia Basement
- Video Captures Hit-And-Run At Wells Fargo Center Following Sixers Game