LANGHORNE, Pa. (AP) — A man has been charged with criminal homicide in the death of his toddler son after authorities said high levels of a prescription narcotic painkiller were found in the child’s blood.
Thirty-eight-year-old Coco Wallace of Levittown is also charged in Bucks County with recklessly endangering another person, endangering the welfare of a child and drug possession.
Police in Middletown Township said 27-month-old Sebastian Wallace died Oct. 22 at Lower Bucks Hospital.
Police said the child’s blood tested positive for Oxycodone “at three times the level that would be necessary to kill the average adult.” They said Coco Wallace was the only adult with him and acknowledged having Oxycodone pills the day before.
Court documents don’t list a defense attorney and a listed number for Wallace couldn’t be found Monday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- UN To Celebrate Nelson Mandela International Day
- 23 Injured When ‘Lava Bomb’ Hits Hawaii Tour Boat
- Investigator: Girl Was Beheaded After Seeing Grandmother Die
- Woman Survives For 7 Days After Plunging Over 250-Foot Cliff In California
- Forbes’ ‘World’s Highest-Paid Entertainers’ List Sparks Controversy With Kylie Jenner On Cover