PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Police say a masked burglar is on the loose after hitting a man with a crowbar during a home invasion in Northeast Philadelphia.
It happened around 6:30 Monday evening in the 2300 block of Emerson Street in the city’s Rhawnhurst neighborhood.
Police say the 49-year-old man who owned the home went to his bedroom and found a masked burglar.
Authorities say there was a violent struggle and the suspect hit the victim with a crowbar.
Police say the suspect got away with jewelry. The victim was taken to the hospital with head and neck injuries.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- 13 Passengers Survive World War II-Era Plane Crash In Texas
- ‘Our Job Is To Transport The Most Precious Cargo’: School Bus Drivers Compete At Safety Competition
- ‘It’s Really Distressing And Alarming’: Clinton Criticizes Trump’s Meeting With Putin
- Fire Destroys Dozens Of Cars In Burlington County Lot
- Lucy The Elephant’s 137th Birthday Celebration Kicks Off Sunday In Margate