PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Police say a masked burglar is on the loose after hitting a man with a crowbar during a home invasion in Northeast Philadelphia.
It happened around 6:30 Monday evening in the 2300 block of Emerson Street in the city’s Rhawnhurst neighborhood.
Police say the 49-year-old man who owned the home went to his bedroom and found a masked burglar.
Authorities say there was a violent struggle and the suspect hit the victim with a crowbar.
Police say the suspect got away with jewelry. The victim was taken to the hospital with head and neck injuries.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- President Trump At Pennsylvania Rally: ‘We Have Saved America’
- Surveillance Video Shows Unarmed Man Being Shot By Plainclothes Philadelphia Police Officer In Kensington
- Activists With Planned Parenthood In Philadelphia Gather To Protest Abortion Bans
- CBD Effective In Treating Heroin Addiction, Study Finds
- More Than Half A Million Philadelphia-Area Residents Expected To Travel For Memorial Day, AAA Says