PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Police say a masked burglar is on the loose after hitting a man with a crowbar during a home invasion in Northeast Philadelphia.
It happened around 6:30 Monday evening in the 2300 block of Emerson Street in the city’s Rhawnhurst neighborhood.
Police say the 49-year-old man who owned the home went to his bedroom and found a masked burglar.
Authorities say there was a violent struggle and the suspect hit the victim with a crowbar.
Police say the suspect got away with jewelry. The victim was taken to the hospital with head and neck injuries.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Penn State Ranked No. 2 In Universities Attended By CEOs, Linkedin Study Finds
- Family Who Lost 2 Of 3 Triplets Learn To Heal At Ronald McDonald House
- Radnor Township Police Warn Public About Coyote On Loose
- Woman Assaulted With Tire Iron After Dispute Over Wawa Parking Space, Police Say
- Multiple Agencies Conduct Contraband Bust At Philadelphia Seaport, Authorities Say