PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Police say a masked burglar is on the loose after hitting a man with a crowbar during a home invasion in Northeast Philadelphia.
It happened around 6:30 Monday evening in the 2300 block of Emerson Street in the city’s Rhawnhurst neighborhood.
Police say the 49-year-old man who owned the home went to his bedroom and found a masked burglar.
Authorities say there was a violent struggle and the suspect hit the victim with a crowbar.
Police say the suspect got away with jewelry. The victim was taken to the hospital with head and neck injuries.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Pennsylvania Rep Proposes Bill To Ban Political Talks In Schools
- ‘Armed And Dangerous’: Man Wanted For Killing Parents Inside Chester County Retirement Community
- Police: South Jersey Dentist Accused Of Hiding Camera In Restroom
- Omarosa To Visit Temple University For Book Signing, Q&A
- Delaware Installs Safe Selfie Zones At DMVs