TOMS RIVER, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say an elderly man was killed when his vehicle veered off the Garden State Parkway and struck a tree in southern New Jersey.
State police say the crash occurred around 9:50 p.m. Friday in a southbound lane near milemarker 85.4 in Toms River.
Authorities say 76-year-old Howard Huhn, of Manchester Township, was pronounced dead at the scene, and apparently was the only person in the vehicle.
But the cause of the crash remains under investigation.
No other vehicles were involved in the accident.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Ronald McDonald House Helping 4-Year-Old Boy Battling Congenital Heart Disease Deal With Hospital Visits
- Pedestrian Seriously Injured After Hit-And-Run In Juniata Park
- Former Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane Is Disbarred
- Teenage Boy Struck, Killed By Train In Olney, Police Say
- ‘I Owe You My Life’: Victim From Center City Attack Meets Good Samaritan Who Saved Her