NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — A former cast member of MTV’s reality show “Jersey Shore” is due back in court to face federal tax charges.
Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino and his brother, Marc, face an arraignment Thursday in Newark.
They were charged last month with filing bogus tax returns and inflating business expenses to avoid paying taxes on nearly $9 million in income over a three-year period. They have pleaded not guilty.
Sorrentino was initially scheduled for arraignment two weeks ago but was given an extension because he was filming another reality show in Los Angeles.
Sorrentino’s attorney told the court he and his fiancee were scheduled to appear on the show “Marriage Boot Camp.”
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Other Stories:
- 14th Annual ‘Philadelphia Escape Triathlon’ Took Over Fairmount Park Sunday
- Argentine Authorities Foil Drug Gang, Seize Drugs In Fake World Cup Trophies
- GoFundMe Campaign Seeks To Help Va. Restaurant That Kicked Out White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders
- ‘Check Your Facts’: NJ Business Mistaken For Va. Restaurant That Ousted White House Press Secretary
- Prince William Visits Middle East For Historical Non-Political Trip