By Jan Carabeo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia police are investigating a homicide in North Philadelphia after finding a man and woman who had been shot on their front steps.
Police responded to calls reporting a shooting in the 2100 block of Uber Street just after 11:30 Monday night.
When they arrived to the scene, they found a 24-year-old man on the sidewalk suffering from gunshot wounds to his head, face, arm, both legs, chest, back and lower torso.
Police say the man was shot at least 10 times.
The 24-year-old was taken to Temple University Hospital, where he was pronounced dead just after midnight.
The second victim, a 46-year-old woman, was shot once in the leg. She was taken to Temple Hospital as well, where she was reported in stable condition.
Police say 32 shots in total were fired from different caliber semi-automatic weapons. Police found 32 spent shell casing on the street and sidewalk, some of them just inches from the steps. Based on ballistic evidence, officials believe the victims were shot at point-blank range.
Police believe that the man was the intended target of the shooting, and the woman may not have been shot intentionally. According to authorities, both victims live in separate apartments of the same building.
Witnesses say both victims were sitting on the front steps when they were shot. According to witnesses, two men wearing dark-hooded sweatshirts ran from the building towards the 2100 block of N. 19th Street, where they got into a dark-colored vehicle that fled north on 19th.
Police found several security cameras in the area. They’re hoping surveillance footage can provide clues about the killers’ identities.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Sea Isle City House Badly Damaged After Flames Spread From SUV To Home
- Why Spending Memorial Day Weekend On Great Egg Harbor Bay Is Perfect Way To Kick Off Your Summer
- Philly Events Summer Guide: Here Are Some Fun Events To Attend This Summer
- Philadelphia Special Education Teacher Accused Of Selling Cocaine To Undercover Officer On Multiple Occasions, Police Say
- Man Wielding 2 Large Knives Taken Into Custody After 3-Hour Standoff With Police In Atlantic County