PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Police are investigating a deadly accident overnight in Northeast Philadelphia.
Police say a 29-year-old woman was driving westbound along the 2700 block of Willits Road around 12:30 a.m. Monday when she slammed into a parked vehicle. The impact of the crash caused the car to flip on its side and the driver was partially ejected from the vehicle.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say the woman was not wearing a seat belt.
There’s was no word on what caused the crash.
You may also be interested in these news stories:
- Nola Strikes Out 11, Pitches Phillies Past Mets 4-2
- Eagles Fan Trolls Patriots By Flying ’41-33′ Banner Over Gillette Stadium During Preseason Game
- Report: Nick Foles’ Shoulder Injury Considered Minor
- 10-Year-Old Boy Shares Foul Ball With Young Fan At Detroit Tigers Game
- Sixers Guard JJ Redick Claims He Saw Caged Woman In Back Of Car Service