PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Police are investigating a shooting overnight that seriously injured a man in Southwest Philadelphia.
Officers responded to the scene of the shooting around 1:50 a.m. near 52nd Street and Woodland Avenue in the city’s Kingsessing neighborhood and found a man suffering from a gunshot wound to the chest.
The victim was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in critical condition.
Police say they have no information on a suspect or a motive.
The identity of the victim was not immediately released.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Suspect Wanted In Series Of Thefts Valued At Over $900 In East Goshen, Westtown Townships
- Car Crashes Into Pearle Vision In Upper Providence
- Johnson & Johnson Settles Washington Pelvic Mesh Lawsuit For Nearly $10 Million
- Luke Perry’s Final ‘Riverdale’ Scenes To Air This Week
- Firework Taped To Aerosol Can Found During Burglary Investigation In West Oak Lane, Police Say