PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Kraft Foods Group is voluntarily recalling 7,691 cases of select varieties of regular Kraft American Singles Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, according to their website.
The company says a supplier did not store an ingredient used in this product in accordance with Kraft’s temperature standards. While unlikely, the company says this could create conditions that could lead to premature spoilage and/or food borne illness; therefore, the company is issuing the recall as a precaution.
Kraft says they have had no consumer illness complaints for this product associated with this recall.
The affected product is limited to four varieties with “Best When Used By” dates of February 20, 2015, and February 21, 2015.
The affected product was shipped to customers across the United States. It was not distributed outside of the United States.
For the varieties that are being recalled, click here.
Consumers can find the “Best When Used By” dates on the bottom of the product package. No other Kraft Singles products are impacted by this recall.
The company says the affected product was produced at Kraft’s Springfield, MO manufacturing facility.
Kraft says consumers who purchased any of these products should not eat them. They should return them to the store where purchased for an exchange or full refund.
Consumers can contact Kraft Foods Consumer Relations at 1-800-396-5512.
You may also be interested in:
- New Jersey Woman Sentenced To 8 Years State Prison For Choking Her Newborn To Death
- Atlantic City Officer Fatally Shot Attacker During Unprovoked Stabbing
- ‘This Is America’: Community Outraged As Store Owner Defends Right To Sell Racist Book
- European Union Adds 25 Percent Import Tax On Billions Worth Of US Goods
- Police: 17-Year-Old Boy Shot Multiple Times, Killed