PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Red Sox have reportedly signed Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo. According to Jesse Sanchez, the deal is worth $72 million over six years.
Earlier in the week it was reported the Phillies were among five finalists for Castillo. The deal was originally expected to be in the $50 million to $60 million range.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Herrera Homers Again, Phillies Rout Nationals 12-2
- NHL DRAFT 2018: Flyers Select Joel Farabee With 14th Overall Pick
- Brett Brown Favors ‘Star Hunting’ Over Nova’s Bridges Playing For Hometown Sixers
- Stream The Travelers Championship
- ‘Class Act’: Former Phillies Superstar Ryan Howard Surprises Middle Township Police Officers