PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Phillies are in last place and fans are clamoring for a reason to get excited. Well, look no further than Rusney Castillo.
According a Jayston Stark report, the Phillies are among five finalists for the 27-year-old Cuban outfielder. The other four teams include the Boston Red Sox, Detroit Tigers, New York Yankees and San Francisco Giants.
The going-rate for Castillo, according to the ESPN.com report, is five years worth about $50 to $60 million. Castillo, despite being only 5’9″, 185-pounds, has incredible power and will likely be ready to contribute at the Major League level as early as this season.
Castillo is expected to choose a team within the next week, sources say.
Highlights of Castillo below:
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- NFL Players Respond To President Trump’s Request For Names Of People To Pardon
- The Best NBA Draft Pick Ever From Each Slot
- Jay Wright On Sixers Possibly Drafting Mikal Bridges: ‘He Would Definitely Be Excited If He Was In Philly’
- Odubel Herrera’s Solo Homer Lifts Phillies To 4-3 Win Over Cardinals
- Want To Put A Ring On It? Eagles Launch World Championship Ring Sweepstakes