PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The NFL’s reigning rushing champion, Eagles RB LeSean McCoy, told reporters he missed practice on Sunday with a toe injury.
“He [McCoy] said the reason he did not practice yesterday was because of a toe injury,” KYW’s Ed Benkin said Monday, with Rob Ellis and Ray Didinger on 94WIP Afternoons. “It was his left big toe. He said it’s kind of a little bit of a version of turf toe.”
McCoy, who practiced in full on Monday, underwent an X-ray and MRI on his left toe. Both came back negative.
Benkin said McCoy hopes to play in the Eagles preseason game against the Steelers on Thursday night.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- 2018 NBA Draft: Wheeling-And-Dealing Brett Brown Confuses Sixers Nation
- World’s First Robot-Assisted Spinal Surgery Performed In Philadelphia
- 2018 NBA DRAFT: Villanova’s Mikal Bridges, Donte DiVincenzo, Omari Spellman, Jalen Brunson Get Picked
- 2018 NBA DRAFT: Twitter Erupts After Sixers Select, Trade Nova’s Mikal Bridges
- 2018 NBA DRAFT: Sixers Select And Trade Villanova’s Mikal Bridges To Suns For Texas Tech’s Zhaire Smith