Chef Staib presented two healthy recipes to make ahead of time and pack in a lunch. He also showed tips and tricks to making a well-rounded lunch that will keep a student full and energetic throughout the day.
He packed small portions of healthy pasta salads that do nott contain mayo, which last for longer than salads with creamy based dressing. Instead of making all this yourself, just stop by the deli for salads and ingredients to these lower-carb or gluten free entrees and round it out with fruits and veggies.READ MORE: Some Philadelphia Residents Facing Fines For Piled Up Curbside Trash As Pickups Delayed
August 18: Back To School Healthy Lunches
Hearty, healthy turkey pita wrap
IngredientsREAD MORE: Sixers Force Game 7 With Gritty Road Win Over Hawks
- ¼ Dietz & Watson BLT Turkey Breast, sliced
- ½ apple, sliced thin
- 2 slices Dietz & Watson Lacey Swiss Cheese
- Dietz & Watson Hoagie Dressing
- ½ cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1 whole wheat pita pocket, cut in half
How To Make
- Evenly spread Hoagie Dressing in both sides of pita pocket.
- Fill with cheese, turkey, apple, cranberries and lettuce.
Gluten Free Gourmet Lite Turkey Breast Wrap
IngredientsMORE NEWS: Police Searching For Dirt Bike-Riding Suspect In West Philadelphia Deadly Shooting
- 4 large gluten free tortilla wraps
- 2 pound Dietz & Watson® Gourmet Lite Turkey Breast, shaved
- 8 slices Dietz & Watson® American Cheese
- 8 slices Dietz & Watson® Bacon, cooked
- 8 slices tomato (about 2 large tomatoes)
- 2 cups shredded Iceberg lettuce
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
How To Make
- Lay tortilla flat, spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise evenly on each wrap.
- Pile ½ pound Dietz & Watson® Gourmet Lite Turkey Breast on the half of the tortilla nearest to you.
- Top with 2 slices of Dietz & Watson® Bacon.
- Top with 2 slices tomato, ½ cup lettuce on each tortilla.
- Holding filling tightly, begin rolling the tortilla around filling moving away from you.
- Stop half way & fold in both sides, making sure the remainder of the tortilla is the same size as the rolled portion.
- Continue to roll until tortilla is packed tightly.