By Jim Melwert
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Taney Dragons play their little league world series opener today in Williamsport at 3 p.m..
Some family and friends are already there, while others are heading upstate to see the game in person.
Among the over 150 fans on board the buses, Kiara Prescott from Germantown is going up with her sister and great-grandmother to cheer on Taney. She says they love watching Taney star Mo’ne Davis:
“Because girls aren’t supposed to play the same sports as boys, they’re supposed to play softball, so I actually think it’s great that she’s a pitcher on the team.”
Great-grandmother Loraine Terry says she loves that her daughters get to see a girl play on the world stage:
“You can do whatever you want to do. You can’t let anybody stand in your way and they know it.”
The Little League World Series is double elimination, so no matter what happens today, Taney will play another game this weekend — 7 p.m. Saturday if they were to lose, 7 p.m. Sunday if they win.
- Prosecutor: Teacher’s Facebook Post Prevented More Deaths, Injuries In Trenton Mass Shooting
- A Child’s Anguish Meets America’s Indifference On New TIME Cover
- NASA Reveals Plan On How To Protect Earth From Asteroids
- Pennsylvania, New Jersey Among States Planning To Sue Trump Administration Over Separation Of Immigrant Families
- Man Found Guilty In Shooting Death Of 8-Year-Old Girl In Camden
- Police Arrest 4 Men In Connection With New Castle County Double Shooting
- Melania Trump Wears ‘I Really Don’t Care. Do U?’ Jacket Ahead Of Texas Border Facility Visit
- Report: New Jersey Has Plan To Eliminate Some South Jersey Beach Towns
- Student Accused Of Threatening To Shoot Up High School Graduation Ceremony
- Woman’s Body Found After Heavy Rains, Flooding In Allegheny County