By Al Novack
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Detectives say a gunman who was wearing a clown mask robbed a 7-Eleven in Northeast Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
According to detectives, the robber stole an unspecified amount of money from the cash register after threatening the clerk at the store located on the 6800 block of Bustleton Avenue.
No injuries were reported.
The robber fled the scene and remains at large. Police have made no arrests.
Over the past three months, there has been at least a half-dozen similar robberies, but police don’t believe any of them are linked.
- 3 Hurt, Including 2 Firefighters After Bensalem Apartment Goes Up In Flames
- Mold Cleaning Continues At Holly Glen, One Year After Closure
- Mullica Township Police Still Searching For Alligator On The Loose
- FBI: Serial Robbers Strike Again Along Cheltenham-Philly Border
- 2 Philly Teens Welcomed As New Board of Education Members
- ‘The Dreaded Double Park’: Officials Announce New Efforts To Address Center City Congestion
- Gloucester Twp. Police Show Off Interactive Crime Fighting Tool That Helped Nab Burglar
- Police: 3 Officers Injured During Confrontation With Suspect Following Traffic Stop In West Oak Lane
- Officials: 4 Dead, Including Female Suspect, In Shooting At Rite Aid Distribution Center In Harford County, Maryland
- NJ Transit To Cut Rail Fares Amid Service Disruptions