By Al Novack
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Detectives say a gunman who was wearing a clown mask robbed a 7-Eleven in Northeast Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
According to detectives, the robber stole an unspecified amount of money from the cash register after threatening the clerk at the store located on the 6800 block of Bustleton Avenue.
No injuries were reported.
The robber fled the scene and remains at large. Police have made no arrests.
Over the past three months, there has been at least a half-dozen similar robberies, but police don’t believe any of them are linked.
- Police: Dairy Cow Stolen From Farm, Butchered Along Road
- New Jersey Couple Driving To Their Wedding Killed In I-78 Crash Involving 5 Tractor-Trailers
- Police: Person Shot, Killed Inside Home In Pottstown
- Officials Investigate After 1 Person Hurt In Early Morning Fire
- Promising Peanut Allergy Treatment Reduces Risk Of Life-Threatening Reactions, Especially In Kids
- Philadelphia Police Mourn Death Of K-9 Officer
- Trio Of Sixers Pay For 300 Turkeys For South Philadelphia Residents
- Man Recovering After Being Shot In West Philadelphia Bar
- Over 100 Refugees, Immigrants Given First Thanksgiving Experience In Philadelphia
- South Jersey Animal Group Celebrates 25,000th Dog Rescued