PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Former Phillies and current Nationals outfielder, Jayson Werth, was charged with a misdemeanor for reckless driving after going 105 miles per hour in a 55 miles per hour zone, according to the Washington Post. The incident occurred back in July and Werth had a hearing scheduled for August 8th, but that was pushed back until November 12th.
According The Washington Post, the Nationals released this statement:
“The Washington Nationals have been in communication with right fielder Jayson Werth regarding this situation for multiple weeks. Jayson is cooperating with the authorities. As it is an ongoing legal matter, the team has no further comment.”
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- ‘Star Hunting’ Proving To Be Brett Brown’s, Sixers’ Undoing In Attracting Talent
- What Could The Phillies Do After The All-Star Break?
- Top 10 MLB Trade Deadline Candidates
- ‘Go Eagles’: Mike Trout Gives Shout-Out To Super Bowl Champs During All-Star Game
- Steelers WR Antonio Brown Unveiled As Madden NFL 19 Cover Athlete