PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Police say a man accidentally shot himself after he robbed someone at gunpoint in Northeast Philadelphia.
It happened around 11:30 p.m. Sunday along the 1700 block of Guilford Street.
Police say to men, at least one of whom was armed with a gun, robbed a person of cash and a cell phone, but while the suspects were running away, one of the robbers accidentally shot himself in the leg.
The wounded robber showed up at Temple University Hospital where police were called and he was arrested.
Police are still searching for the second suspect.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Prince William Visits Middle East For Historical Non-Political Trip
- Police: 2 Dead After High-Speed Crash Sends Car Airborne, Off Roadway Into Trees
- Man Shot Twice In Chest During 7-Eleven Robbery, Police Search For Suspect
- Teen Uses Sign Language To Help Blind, Deaf Passenger On Flight
- Apartment Building Explosion Leaves 25 Hurt In Wuppertal, Germany