PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — When the Eagles hired Chip Kelly in January of 2013, many people thought the Eagles should switch back to their Kelly green uniforms. Eagles President Don Smolenski says the Eagles and the NFL have been discussing a uniform switch.
“We have talked about it and there are some rules with the NFL that provides some restrictions that we’re trying to work through, but that’s going to take some time,” Smolenski told Angelo Cataldi and the 94WIP Morning Show during an in-studio visit on Wednesday. “It’s there, and it’s something that we do talk about, but until some things change at the NFL level it’s going to provide restrictions for us. It is being talked about it, yes.”
The Eagles are holding their final open practice of training camp at the historic Franklin Field on Sunday, August 10th. Smolenski revealed some of the former Eagles players that will be on-hand.
“25 alums will be in attendance include Chuck Bednarik, Pete Retzlaff, and Tommy McDonald—all of whom did play at Franklin Field, so we’re excited about that. Guys like Mike Quick and Ike Reese, and Jerermiah Trotter is gonna be there. So it’s a good lineup.”
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Former Eagles Running Back Rod ‘He Hate Me’ Smart Found Safe After Missing For Days
- FIFA Women’s World Cup 2019: USWNT Knockout Phase Matchup Scenarios
- Flyers Acquire Defenseman Justin Braun From San Jose Sharks
- Eagles Fans Upset After Team Announces Only One Public Practice At Lincoln Financial Field During Training Camp
- Phillies’ Game Vs. Nationals Postponed; Split Doubleheader Scheduled For Wednesday