CAMDEN, N.J. (CBS) – Authorities are investigating a shooting in Camden early Thursday morning that left a woman in critical condition.
The 23-year-old victim was shot in the neck around 2 a.m. near the 700 block of Teal Court. She was taken to Cooper Trauma Center, where she remains in critical condition.
Neighbors say the victim recently moved to the area with her young son.
“All I knew, she just lived there for a week,” this neighbor tells CBS3 Eyewitness News. “You know, she don’t bother nobody, she just sits on the step, her son rides the bike and everything.”
Investigators have no suspects at this time. Police are checking for video surveillance in the area.
The prosecutor’s office is joining Camden County Police in the investigation, which is ongoing.
- Driver Wanted In Road Rage Crash That Left Man Critically Injured
- NJ Health Department Issues Measles Warning For Residents In Camden, Burlington Counties
- SummerFest: Student-Run Creamery Serving Fun Flavors
- Celebrating 50 Years Of Philadelphia Boys Choir
- Pennsylvania Gets Early Budget Peace, As Spending Bills Pass
- 3 Cheers: Alexa Martir-Rodriguez Overcomes Hurricane, Receives High School Diploma
- Researchers Say Drinking 4 Cups Of Strong Coffee A Day Is Heart Healthy
- Philadelphia Doesn’t Exist, Central Jersey Is A Real Thing, Jon Stewart Rules On Late Show
- Delta Bans ‘Pit Bull-Type’ Dogs
- Police: 5-Year-Old Boy Killed In West Philadelphia Hit-And-Run