PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – There appears to be a connection between a shipwreck found at New York City’s Ground Zero and the City of Brotherly Love.
The long-forgotten wooden ship was found in 2010 in what was once an underground security and parking complex under the World Trade Center.
A new report based on the rings in the wood finds the ship was likely built around 1773 in a shipyard in Philadelphia.
It appears the boat was made from the same kind of White Oak trees used to build parts of Independence Hall.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Local Teen’s Poem About Brother’s Heroin Addiction Turns Her Into Published Author
- The Wildwoods, New Jersey Named One Of ‘Best Family Beach Vacation’ Spots In US
- Video Shows Dramatic Rescue Of Woman After Her Car Burst Into Flames
- American Airlines, Flight Attendant Union Calling For Investigation Of Skit Posted Online
- Most Americans Can’t Pass United States Citizenship Test, Survey Finds