PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – There appears to be a connection between a shipwreck found at New York City’s Ground Zero and the City of Brotherly Love.
The long-forgotten wooden ship was found in 2010 in what was once an underground security and parking complex under the World Trade Center.
A new report based on the rings in the wood finds the ship was likely built around 1773 in a shipyard in Philadelphia.
It appears the boat was made from the same kind of White Oak trees used to build parts of Independence Hall.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Councilwoman Cindy Bass Host Turkey Giveaway At Nicetown Court
- Krispy Kreme Sells Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice Glazed Doughnuts, New Flavor To Celebrate Thanksgiving
- Macy’s Unveils Holiday Window Display In Center City
- 71 Dead, More Than 1,000 People Unaccounted For In California Wildfires
- 50-Year Tradition Brings Animated Wonderland Back To Cherry Hill