PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – There appears to be a connection between a shipwreck found at New York City’s Ground Zero and the City of Brotherly Love.
The long-forgotten wooden ship was found in 2010 in what was once an underground security and parking complex under the World Trade Center.
A new report based on the rings in the wood finds the ship was likely built around 1773 in a shipyard in Philadelphia.
It appears the boat was made from the same kind of White Oak trees used to build parts of Independence Hall.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Shooting Suspect In Standoff At Los Angeles Trader Joe’s In Custody; 1 Woman Killed
- 8-Year-Old Girl On A Mission To Hug Police Officers In All 50 States
- Heart Doctor For Former President George H.W. Bush Killed In Bicycle Drive-By Shooting
- Transgender Woman Says CVS Pharmacist Refused To Fill Her Hormone Prescription
- Lucy The Elephant’s Birthday Celebration Postponed Due To Rain