PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – There appears to be a connection between a shipwreck found at New York City’s Ground Zero and the City of Brotherly Love.
The long-forgotten wooden ship was found in 2010 in what was once an underground security and parking complex under the World Trade Center.
A new report based on the rings in the wood finds the ship was likely built around 1773 in a shipyard in Philadelphia.
It appears the boat was made from the same kind of White Oak trees used to build parts of Independence Hall.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Exclusive: Group Chat Messages Show School Shooter Obsessed With Race, Violence And Guns
- Police: Toy Gun Found At Philadelphia Middle School, Lockdown Lifted
- FBI Says It Failed To Investigate Tip On School Shooter
- Zebra Guarding Goats On Oregon Farm Is Drawing Lots Of Attention
- Middle Township Teacher Admits To $2M Health Care Fraud Scheme