PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – There appears to be a connection between a shipwreck found at New York City’s Ground Zero and the City of Brotherly Love.
The long-forgotten wooden ship was found in 2010 in what was once an underground security and parking complex under the World Trade Center.
A new report based on the rings in the wood finds the ship was likely built around 1773 in a shipyard in Philadelphia.
It appears the boat was made from the same kind of White Oak trees used to build parts of Independence Hall.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Celebrate National Pretzel Day With These Freebies And Specials
- ‘Our First Sports Shoe That’s Made To Be Remade’: Adidas In Process Of Making Recyclable Shoe
- Teacher Facing Discipline After Allegedly Drawing On Student’s Head With Permanent Marker
- Company Promises Travelers A Chance To Go Places Without Even Leaving Home
- Even Light Rain Increases Your Risk Of A Deadly Car Crash