By Tim Jimenez
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) –The Pennsylvania SPCA is offering a $500 dollar reward in a case of animal cruelty. Officials say they rescued a dog, tied to a chain link fence, and on the verge of a “slow and painful death” Tuesday morning.
George Bengal with the PSPCA, says they got a tip that an adult female brown and white dog was tied to a fence near the Awbury Rec Center at Haines and Ardleigh Streets in East Germantown.
“Pitbull mix tied to the tennis court fence on a short, no more than 15 inch, 16 inch, wire cable,” Bengal said.
And Bengal says the dog, who officials named Venus, was showing signs of choking.
“And the face and the eyes were totally swollen up because this dog could not lay down. All it could do was sit,” Bengal said.
And sitting there for about 16 hours, in the heat and without water Bengal says. Venus though is expected to recover and is being treated.
Anyone with information is urged to call the PSPCA at 1-866-601-SPCA.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Driver Arrested Months After Being Rescued From Burning Car In Westtown Township
- Philly Officer Injured Trying To Break Up Fight
- Police: 10-Year-Old Boy Injured After Kids Throw Liquor Bottle Into Family Van
- New Jersey Considers Honoring Chef Bourdain With Food Trail
- Canada’s Senate Legalizes Recreational Marijuana