LAWNRENCEVILLE, N.J. (CBS) – Crews responded to the scene of a serious accident on I-95 northbound at Princeton Pike in Lawrenceville, New Jersey.
According to police, a heavy duty tow truck carrying a backhoe struck the Princeton Pike overpass. The collision caused the backhoe to fall off of the tow truck and hit the vehicle behind it.
The female driver of the car struck was taken to the hospital with unknown injuries. The driver of the tow truck was not injured.
Authorities say two lanes are closed at this time and drivers should expect delays in the area.
NJDOT and engineers are on the scene to inspect the bridge.
Stay with CBSPhilly for more details as they become available…
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Philly Mayor Announces Task Force After Tens Of Millions Of Taxpayer Dollars Goes Missing
- New Jersey Watchdog Agency Accuses Businesses Of Willfully And Knowingly Buying Stolen Scrap Metal, Items From Opioid Addicts
- Upper Darby Police Release Surveillance Video Of Violent Shooting Inside Chinese Restaurant
- Vice President Pence Arrives To Protests Ahead Of GOP Fundraiser In Philly
- Police: Hit-And-Run Driver Crashes On Atlantic City Expressway