PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Cliff Lee returns to the Phillies rotation tonight against the San Francisco Giants. The Phillies’ pitcher has been on the mend and returns from a DL stint just in time to get a few starts in before the trade deadline.
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com joined the WIP Morning Show to discuss Lee’s situation with the deadline looming. Salisbury expects there to be a collection of scouts on hand to watch Lee pitch and if he proves healthy, things could really heat up for his services.
Salisbury also reported that two teams with playoff aspirations, the Yankees and Blue Jays, attended Lee’s last rehab appearance in Clearwater.
“There’s going to be a couple dozen scouts there,” Salisbury said of Lee’s return to the mound for the Phillies.
Lee could potentially be the biggest pitching name on the market alongside the Ray’s David Price.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Herrera Homers Again, Phillies Rout Nationals 12-2
- NHL DRAFT 2018: Flyers Select Joel Farabee With 14th Overall Pick
- Brett Brown Favors ‘Star Hunting’ Over Nova’s Bridges Playing For Hometown Sixers
- Stream The Travelers Championship
- ‘Class Act’: Former Phillies Superstar Ryan Howard Surprises Middle Township Police Officers