PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Cliff Lee is set to return to the mound tonight for the Phillies following a two month trip to the disabled list. The team announced the move today which was accompanied by a number of roster moves.
In addition to Lee being activated from the disabled list, utility-man Reid Brignac was activated from the 15-day disabled list. Catcher Wil Nieves was also activated from the 15-day disabled list.
Outfielder Tony Gwynn Jr. was designated by the team for assignment. Second Baseman Cesar Hernandez was optioned to triple-A Lehigh Valley and catcher Koyie Hill was outrighted.
Cliff Lee will take the mound tonight against the San Francisco Giants.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- ‘Star Hunting’ Proving To Be Brett Brown’s, Sixers’ Undoing In Attracting Talent
- What Could The Phillies Do After The All-Star Break?
- Top 10 MLB Trade Deadline Candidates
- ‘Go Eagles’: Mike Trout Gives Shout-Out To Super Bowl Champs During All-Star Game
- Steelers WR Antonio Brown Unveiled As Madden NFL 19 Cover Athlete