PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Drumroll, please: Credit Donkey has compiled a list of the top 10 cities to live in Pennsylvania.
The research, which looked at five factors (crime rate, commute time, income, education and restaurants per capita), was published last week on the company’s website.
Here’s the list:
7. Oil City
As you can see, there are very few spots in our area, and Philadelphia doesn’t make the list (surprise, surprise).
And while some of these picks might seem a bit…odd, Credit Donkey does explain its rationale behind the number one pick, Hermitage.
“Hermitage earns our vote as the best city to live in Pennsylvania for several reasons,” CreditDonkey says. “First, crime is extremely low, with the odds of becoming the victim of a violent act 1 in 577. The average commute time is under 18 minutes, and residents earn more than $50,000 a year on average. The city is highly educated, with nearly 20% of residents having attended some college, and local restaurants offer something for every palate. Add in affordable housing and a below average cost of living and you’ve got a recipe for a great place to call home.”
To see the full list, click here.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Petting Zoos Linked To Serious Multidrug Resistant Bacteria, Study Says
- Parents, Young Children Get In Over 2,100 Arguments A Year, Study Says
- Look Up At The Sky: Pink Moon Set To Premiere Tonight
- Student Arrested For Attempting Wrestling Move On Principal Faces New Charges After Wrestling Fake Gator
- Uber Rolls Out Feature Urging Riders To ‘Check Your Ride’ In Wake Of Samantha Josephson’s Murder