PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Plan on indulging in a cocktail or two over the holiday weekend? Depending on how it is made, it may contain much more alcohol than you think.
The National Institutes of Health is offering a solution. It has an online calculator to measure how much alcohol really is in that margarita you may be sipping on.
According to the NIH, a normal drink is the amount of alcohol in a 12 ounce beer or 5 ounces of wine. However, with cocktails and mixed drinks, the use of multiple ingredients make it more difficult to get an exact measure.
So, if you’re looking to check how much alcohol is in your favorite drink, simply type it in here.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Border Patrol Agents Are Stopping People On New England Highways To Check Their Citizenship
- Video: Kangaroo Interrupts, Delays Australian Soccer Match
- Woman Dubbed As ‘Permit Patty’ Threatens To Call Police On 8-Year-Old Girl Selling Water For Disneyland Trip
- Zsa Zsa, The English Bulldog, Wins World’s Ugliest Dog Title
- New Zealand Prime Minister Has Baby While In Office, Becomes Only Second World Leader To Do So