By Chris Kral
For U.S. soccer fans, the defeat was crushing. After a brilliant run in the ‘Group of Death’ and advancing to the Round of 16, the U.S. team was eliminated from the World Cup.READ MORE: Philadelphia Police Investigating Hit-And-Run That Killed Woman In Germantown: 'I Feel So Bad For The Family'
Belgium defeated the U.S. 2-1 in full time and deflated the American hype and furor around our new favorite sport-of-the-moment. Although we won’t see the USMNT contend for the title, good times and camaraderie were had by all.
Here’s 9 things U.S. fans will miss after their World Cup exit:
9. Viewing Parties – Soldier Field in ChicagoBecause we love parties. #America
8. Jurgen Being JurgenNeed I say more?
7. Pitch InvadersThis guy…who pretended to be handicapped to get closer to the pitch.
6. USMNT’s official ‘excuse to miss work’ letterLocals Flock To Lower Merion For Penn Wynne Civic Association’s 79th Annual Independence Day Celebration
5. Character fans…Teddy Roosevelt?A+ for creativity.
4. The hype #IBelieve
3. Optimism any time Clint Dempsey had the ballIn Dempsey We Trust.
2. Tim HowardHere’s a video compilation of Tim Howard’s record 16 saves in the USA-Belgium match: :::Drops mic:::
1. Unity of a NationBecause everyone loves being around people rooting for the same team.
You May Also Be Interested In These StoriesMORE NEWS: Crowds Gather In Haddonfield Township For First Major Rollout Of Fourth Of July Fireworks Since Pandemic
[display-posts category=”sports” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”4″]