By Steve Beck, Nicole Brewer

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A suspected carbon monoxide leak led to a fire and an explosion inside a residence in Philadelphia early Thursday morning.

READ MORE: New Jersey Officials Recommending All Residents Wear Masks Indoors In Certain Situations

The incident began at about 2:15 a.m. in the 2300 block of Naudain Street near Lombard Street in the city’s Fitler Square section.

According to investigators, the incident began as a report of high levels of carbon monoxide inside a home along Naudain Street.

Crews with Philadelphia Gas Works were called to the scene to investigate the carbon monoxide leak.

Shortly after that, firefighters located a fire in the basement of the home where the leak originated. Everyone inside that home was then evacuated.

At about 3:10 a.m., a neighboring apartment complex, 11 units in all, was evacuated.

READ MORE: Eviction Moratorium: What Happens To Renters When The CDC Ban Expires?

Shortly after that evacuation, at about 3:52 a.m., an explosion occurred in the original home where the carbon monoxide leak and fire were located.

The explosion and fire caused the original dwelling to collapse.

Firefighters were able to place the three-alarm fire fully under control by 5:20 a.m.

One female resident was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for treatment of minor injuries.

Twenty two residents along the block were evacuated as a precaution and were transported to the Philadelphia High School for Creative and Performing Arts.

MORE NEWS: CBS3 EXCLUSIVE: SEPTA Surveillance Cameras Capture Security Guard Brutally Attacking Passenger

The fire and explosion remain under investigation.