PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia’s own and Taney Dragons star pitcher, Mo’ne Davis, experienced a night she will never be able to forget.
On Tuesday night, Davis threw out the first pitch before the Dodgers vs. Nationals game in Los Angeles. Davis received a warm welcome from the LA crowd and was able to watch one of her favorite players, Clayton Kershaw, earn his 17th win of the season. After the game, she met Kershaw and received an autograph bat from him.
She handed out an autograph of her own as well, to Dodgers star Yasiel Puig.
As for her first pitch? She threw a perfect strike.
You can watch the video below:
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Derek Barnett Has All The Ingredients Fans Should Love
- Derek Barnett: ‘To Be Compared To Reggie White Is A Blessing’
- Eagles Select CB Sidney Jones In Round 2
- ‘It Was All Surreal’: Local High School Football Players Still Pinching Themselves Being On Draft Stage For Eagles’ Pick
- Joel Embiid And Ben Simmons At The NFL Draft