PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia’s own and Taney Dragons star pitcher, Mo’ne Davis, experienced a night she will never be able to forget.
On Tuesday night, Davis threw out the first pitch before the Dodgers vs. Nationals game in Los Angeles. Davis received a warm welcome from the LA crowd and was able to watch one of her favorite players, Clayton Kershaw, earn his 17th win of the season. After the game, she met Kershaw and received an autograph bat from him.
She handed out an autograph of her own as well, to Dodgers star Yasiel Puig.
As for her first pitch? She threw a perfect strike.
You can watch the video below:
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Zobrist, Montero Homer, Lackey Sharp As Cubs Sweep Phillies
- Could Philadelphia Be The Next Hot Spot For International Soccer?
- Hendricks Pitches 5-hitter, Cubs Beat Phillies 4-1
- Police: Pelicans Guard Dejean-Jones Fatally Shot In Dallas
- LeBron James Headed To 6th Straight NBA Finals, Cavaliers Await Opponent