Videotaped Interview Shows Courage Of Upper Darby Girl Kidnapped, Sexually Assaulted
By Tony Hanson
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Recounting the horror, the prosecution played a long, videotaped recording of a 5-year-old victim describing her abduction from Bryant Elementary School in Upper Darby, a sexual assault and being found abandoned in a playground.
The young victim, exhausted, physically hurting, unable even to sit up on a chair, still managed to detail the crime during an interview with a specially trained forensics interviewer shortly after she released from the hospital.
The victim said a woman stole her, took her to a house, blindfolded her and then there was the sexual assault.
While in the house, she said she was sad, and she described a crime involving three people, two women and a man, but she never saw the man at all and could not see the woman who stole her because she was covered up by Muslim clothing.
The little girl was found on a playground, nearly naked in freezing weather after a nearly 19 hour ordeal.
The prosecution alleges defendant Christina Regusters is the only one involved, that she tricked the victim into believing others were there.
Regusters has pleaded not guilty.
You may also be interested in these news stories:
- Authorities: Vehicle Sought In Connection With Hamilton Township Homicide Investigation
- Measure To Prevent Wage Theft Introduced To Phila. City Council
- Look Up! Draconid Meteor Shower Tonight
- Women Against Abuse Kick Off Annual iPledge Campaign, Launch New Initiatives
- Small Pets Welcome On Some Amtrak Trains Starting October 12th