By Tony Hanson
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Recounting the horror, the prosecution played a long, videotaped recording of a 5-year-old victim describing her abduction from Bryant Elementary School in Upper Darby, a sexual assault and being found abandoned in a playground.
The young victim, exhausted, physically hurting, unable even to sit up on a chair, still managed to detail the crime during an interview with a specially trained forensics interviewer shortly after she released from the hospital.
The victim said a woman stole her, took her to a house, blindfolded her and then there was the sexual assault.
While in the house, she said she was sad, and she described a crime involving three people, two women and a man, but she never saw the man at all and could not see the woman who stole her because she was covered up by Muslim clothing.
The little girl was found on a playground, nearly naked in freezing weather after a nearly 19 hour ordeal.
The prosecution alleges defendant Christina Regusters is the only one involved, that she tricked the victim into believing others were there.
Regusters has pleaded not guilty.
You may also be interested in these news stories:
- Italy Earthquake: Buildings Collapse In Town Of Amatrice
- DE Baby’s First Shoes A Gift From USA Basketball Star Elena Delle Donne
- How A Longer Commute Can Add To Your Waistline
- After Report, VP Nominee Pence Calls For Shut Down Of Clinton Foundation
- One Local Group Works To Help Patients Fight A Rare Zika Related Syndrome